Diary of a Ghost Girl: The Case for ESP

It is a truth universally acknowledged (in the paranormal) that if we had indisputable evidence of the paranormal, well it wouldn't be paranormal would it? The tug of the skeptic and the believer is probably never going to go away, but I find myself still wondering what words to use to both sides of the argument. They say the burden of proof is on the claimant, however that works both ways to say it exists or doesn't. I have personally been a paranormal investigator for over 15 years and in that time I have seen so many changes in the paranormal field and a lot of them in myself. I used to be grounded in logic and fact, this was what we were searching for wasn't it? Proof that spirits or ghosts, or the paranormal exist? Even if the proof was to myself, I find that over the years my purview of everything has shifted. While I still seek logic and facts, there is another facet to my research.

In the early days if you had asked me I would have said that the things that go bump in the night are just spirits of the dead. Souls left wandering, searching, hoping to finish some random task that plagues them. But that isn't what I think any longer. I firmly believe that the entire reason I was called to do paranormal investigation is because in each of us there is a key, a key to the answers that we seek. The universe sought to show me the logical side to the paranormal before I could accept the seemingly illogical. I know now that we can't use science to defend our research because there is none in existence that will explain it. I know many a hardcore skeptic will read this and probably develop a stink eye, but their journey is not mine. My journey is far from complete and my learning is far from over. 

While this blog is not about my spiritual awakening, I can say that it is what shifted my entire perception of the paranormal. I began to research a lot of things about extrasensory perception and it's connection to the paranormal. What I found was a link to our studies that is rarely made because there is a very strong division of science and metaphysical. What if the key to all you knew was in something you had buried deep within your soul, would you search it out? I am not sure that I would have without all the experiences I have had with the paranormal. 

Researching ESP (extrasensory perception) has brought an element of potential explanation into the case studies our paranormal team has collected and investigated. I have theories I rarely tell others that involve many of the separate methodologies that are practiced with energy healing. There are connections everywhere but you have to willing to see them and have a discernment to understand them. Some are afraid of their lack of potential in the area of ESP, thinking if they don't have it that they are missing out. Some people are just so blocked or have such clogged aura's that they can't possibly see the forest for the trees. Whatever the case may be, there are a lot of things out there that may not be proven to you and there may not be documentation that can ever prove it to you, but there are those that have found a certain peace because they have reached an understanding with the universe. It's not always about science, sometimes it's about what resonates with your soul. And that is the link for the paranormal.

Rebecca Boyer
Co-Founder/ Case Manager
Antietam Paranormal Society

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Attachments

Code of Ethics and Protocols For the Paranormal Investigator and Researcher

The Mystery of the Horse and Wagon at Antietam