BOOK REVIEW: Psychic Intelligence- Tune In and Discover the Power of Your Intuition by Terry & Linda Jamison

I love reading everything I can find on Psychic Mediums and developing abilities. While I haven't blogged about that part of my paranormal journey I will say it straight, I have been developing my abilities for over 12 years. That, readers, is another blog for another day. I picked this book up at Wonder Book and Video like I do with many of my intellectually stimulating finds. It's kismet every time I meet a book friend there. This day was no different, I just found it and immediately clutched it in my hands ready to dive in.

Psychic Intelligence: Tune In and Discover the Power of Your Intuition was written by Terry and Linda Jamison. The Twin Psychics have a unique vantage because, well, they are twins. Twins that both have very similar abilities. Their story isn't just about that unique quality, they really went through a lot of shadow to find their light. It always interests me to hear about the catalysts for when a spiritual awakening begins and the development of our abilities starts to unfurl.

The book covers a vast amount of information which includes insight into "psychic intelligence" which is stated to be "a profound, subconscious knowing that transcends time and space". They outline a lot of myths and beliefs regarding psychics through time, which is meant to remove stigmas attached to the term "psychic medium". In the first chapter they discuss "getting out of your own way" and the path to your authentic self, which helps anyone getting started to find their voice. I particularly enjoyed the gray zones throughout the book that has little stories, journal guides, and exercises to boost your intuition. The whole first chapter is really about self-care and the discovery of self. They really drive home the fact that to know that what you are receiving is messages from "spirit" you have to know yourself, the light and the dark. It also includes little tests and ways to clear your energy/ aura.

The other chapters review the 4 Clairs, which is enlightening with the details of how this information is received. The perspectives are fascinating and really gave me a totally different view on things I am receiving. Certain chapters give you "tuning tools" to help you; including connecting to spirit guides, meditation, dream messages, automatic writing, crystals, and psychometry. I personally plan to utilize the exercises in the psychometry because it fascinates me. I plan to utilize all of the journal guides that they recommend because as they mention every bit helps. As we tune into our gifts, we expand them. As we leave doubt behind, we lose that innate desire to feel like you are "weird". Connecting and receiving is an amazing gift and sharing it is unparalleled.

The last few chapters talk about how to connect to spirit, tuning into your gifts, how to receive, and using your abilities to enhance your life. One of the things I always come back to with people who ask me questions about my journey is that you need to leave doubt at the door. Psychic abilities are subjective, however the information you receive is light and pure. Discernment, or the ability to receive the message without putting your own filter of experience or bias on it, is extremely important. Their discussion in the chapter "Mother?...Is That You?" about ethical ways to share messages and avoiding manipulating others is on point. Too often I have encountered psychic mediums that abuse their gift and the vulnerability of their clients. The Psychic Twins give us a non-dramatic and comprehensive text for anyone who is desiring to discover their abilities and to harness them in the right way. I recommend this book.

Rebecca Boyer
Co-Founder/ Case Manager
Antietam Paranormal Society

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Attachments

Code of Ethics and Protocols For the Paranormal Investigator and Researcher

The Mystery of the Horse and Wagon at Antietam