Diary of a Ghost Girl: Paranormal Zealots

You're going to find that I will post blogs on things I have shared on other social media sites or blogs I have done previously. I do this because it used to be where I put all my interests, and I am transitioning over to this blog. I currently write a lot of these blogs and posts specifically for my team Antietam Paranormal Society, but if you met with our team you'd know we all feel this way. Through the years I found that instead of getting angry on social media, it was better to educate and share constructive ways to move forward as a paranormal investigator or researcher. Every once in a while you just have to let it out. I will call this series (because I am sure I will have a few on this blog over time) I personally have investigated the paranormal for over 14 years; I have been a lead investigator and a Case Manager in that time. I have done many different types of investigations from homes, to businesses, to historical locations, to outdoor locations. In the past we went where we were taken or requested to go. That's not the case any longer. We rarely take on new private residence cases, why you may ask? The main reason is that the cases that we currently have are always ongoing and we will revisit when the client or homeowner requests us to and they take priority. Second, there is too much false information out there that leads people to believe something that is absolutely unfounded. It is hard to take a case for someone who already “knows”, why ask us to come in if you refuse to listen to an experienced investigation team? Most of the zealot investigators out there would say you should investigate anything and everything. We don't.

Through the years I have heard it all. That everything we encounter is a demon, leading you away from God. That we are Satan worshipers because we are trying to communicate with the dead. That ghosts don’t exist. That witches (us) are evil. We aren’t here to talk about religion. This post is more about the fact that many people believe what they believe because of indoctrination and not necessarily because of their experiences. I will never attempt to prove that ghosts exist but I will disabuse you of the idea that all ghosts are demons. There will never be enough proof to closed minded individuals to lead them into a deeper understanding of existence.

I myself have a deeper spiritual faith because I am a paranormal investigator. Communicating with spirits and connecting with entities that I would never have if I didn’t do any of this. The tough thing to realize as you go on is that it isn’t cut and dry. It’s not all spirits of the dead, familiars, and demons. There are many things you will encounter that test your belief and opinion every single day, if you allow it. There is no empirical evidence that will convince you of the mysteries of the universe but experiencing a paranormal event that was only meant for you just might. No amount of EVP, blinking cat balls, beeping REM Pods, or video anomalies will cause your soul to shift and for your brain to start rewiring itself. It’s an enlightenment only experienced if you allow it.

As for the individuals that see the orbs, the photographic artifacts, or believe that every bump in the night is paranormal phenomenon. You are the reason that so many people believe they need an investigation. There are spirits everywhere BUT much of what you share on Tik Tok, Facebook, at that Para Con, on Reddit, or any other public forum; is EXPLAINABLE. There is enough to experience out there without leading thousands of people to believe the dander your dog just brushed up is a spirit floating around your room. (Until you can put it all under a microscope you are not going to prove it is dust or otherwise, your multiple cameras are not going to do anything but bankrupt you.) Those of us doing real research will absolutely every single day tell you the TRUTH about what you have captured. We will not let you believe something explainable is something paranormal. Why? Because in doing so, it will lead the next person to believe something untrue and then the next and the next…. Then it’s a full on Facebook group sharing every piece of pareidolia they zoom in on and exclaiming that Larry who is giving factual evidence “wHy ArE yOu PaRt Of ThIs GrOuP iF yOu DoN’t BeLiEvE”, BECAUSE WE KNOW BETTER BUT WE ACTUALLY DO BELIEVE THAT IS WHY WE ARE HERE!

This is exhausting. You may say why worry about what everyone else is doing? Because it directly effects everyone in our community that is interested in the paranormal. We will encounter these individuals on our ghost hunts, ghost tours, requesting investigations, and on the street. False information is the bane of our existence. Every day I personally want to delete all social media and take my team off social media but unfortunately I can’t. One of our missions it to help historical locations so we need this exposure for them to stay alive. I constantly hope that the information I share on this page is helpful and appreciated. I hope that it’s used for good and to help those who may not use their voice to ask questions. In the end I want everyone to stop and see the FACTS as presented. When in doubt throw it out. There is enough paranormal phenomena occurring that you do not need that orb picture.

Rebecca Boyer
(The Ghost Girl)
Antietam Paranormal Society

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Attachments

Code of Ethics and Protocols For the Paranormal Investigator and Researcher

The Mystery of the Horse and Wagon at Antietam