Paranormal Unity: Good or Evil?

The main concept of unity in the paranormal field is to work together for the common goal of paranormal research or to come together to further the body of knowledge of the paranormal. Some things you may expect to see when individuals are practicing paranormal unity are collaborating on investigations, discussing paranormal theories, sharing evidence, discussing current or created paranormal equipment, sharing resources, mentorship, and more. I have often thought that there really didn't need to be a term to do these things when we have common goals, but that's where I feel the term can cross a line. 

Paranormal Unity or Paranormal Just-Get-Along? That is the question. Years ago, I think it was 2011, two individuals that by definition I practiced paranormal unity with; got angry with me. We had a discussion about this up and coming term "paranormal unity", because it gave me the warm fuzzy feeling of being part of a community of dedicated researchers. What I didn't realize at the time was that the two individuals sat on the two opposite spectrums of the term. One individual spoke out about paranormal unity because he had enough life experience to know that people weren't who they said they were. He concluded that some individuals didn't utilize critical thinking, were lazy, and just didn't do legitimate research. Paranormal unity to him created a term to make others get along for the sake of the "same goal" and you were forced to share your hard work, even though that guy shouting paranormal unity from the treetops was not willing to do the work. Many teams out there have spent years approaching locations for investigations, gathering data, reviewing data, and forming conclusions; why should the guy that hasn't done or isn't willing to do the work get to be part of that? Additionally he felt that the term could be used by people that were only in the paranormal field to get laid, get famous, or get rich. He saw the potential of frauds taking advantage of others simply because you should practice "paranormal unity" or "paranormal just-get-along". The longer I am in the field, the more I understand that he was absolutely correct. But what about that other guy, you may ask? He was on the rooftop shouting about how many investigations he had done and all the knowledge he had. The reality was that by examining just a few things, I knew that he rarely investigated. He would post false dates of investigations and when he did investigate it would be for an hour or two. So in the end for him paranormal unity was not good, because he may be found to be the fraud that he was. Where did I go from there?

I personally don't use the term paranormal unity to label my interactions with others in the community. Our team has collaborated with many other teams; we have shared evidence, we have discussed equipment, we have debated standards and protocols, we have bemoaned the problems in the field, and we have all become friends. I don't need a term to force me to get along with others, my team and I work with others in the community that will enrich our research and us for them. I personally help new investigators and seasoned investigators as much as I can (this blog is a case in point). Whenever I see a team share that they practice Paranormal Unity and say that others should have to as well, I get very frustrated. I have dealt with many people in the paranormal community that I refuse to work with for various ethical or moral deficits, these people subscribe to paranormal unity. (Note: These individuals or teams exhibit traits of fraud, narcissism, borderline personality disorder, they lie, and they share false information.) Why don't I expose them you may ask? I have. Repeatedly. Even with detailed documentation of fraud and unsavory conduct, they still go about the paranormal field, shouting paranormal unity. So when I say that you don't need a term to do good and be good, remember that. The term has soured for many dedicated researchers. You also don't need to get along with everyone, find those who approach their goals with higher standards and protocols. After all we may all be in it for the similar goals, but not everyone attempts to reach their goals honestly.

Rebecca Boyer
Co-Founder/ Case Manager
Antietam Paranormal Society

Comments

  1. Good Evening. I currently have a immensely real problem at which I please need urgent advice. My Cousin's house in Pretoria is showing increasing signs of negative influence and is draining and depressing the ones living in the house as well as feeding on all the negativity that is currently happening regarding deaths of close family members. There is a child in this house,she is experiencing things a child should not,I am immensely concerned and beg for any contacts or people whom could help with this ongoing and now becoming excessively alarming presence. Unfortunately I live in the East Cape and am incapable of going there myself though my presence probably would not be much help.
    Please be so kind as to respond and give me any lead, no matter how small as this is a very important issue that is bringing the best people down.
    Thanking you
    Nicole Neill
    0712898713

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome to email our team at AntietamParanormal@gmail.com, please be careful about sharing personal details in a public forum such as this! We will help as much as we can.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spirit Attachments

Code of Ethics and Protocols For the Paranormal Investigator and Researcher

The Mystery of the Horse and Wagon at Antietam